Matt O’Donnell, CPA and CMA, has enjoyed Cobb EMC service to his home since moving to the Atlanta area in 2013, has held positions in accounting, finance, administration, operations and consulting with companies including global accounting firms and large, public fortune 100 companies. He and his wife Jenny enjoy living in Marietta and actively serve in several local community groups.
Platform & Election Message
- Member advocacy
- Members are busy with everyday life – the Board of Directors must act on Members’ behalf and remain an avid member advocate
- Communication and transparency
- The new Smart Choice rate plan should drive conservation and awareness, yet was implemented without first communicating to the membership
- Fresh, new ideas are necessary for all organizations to grow and thrive and should be explored and piloted with speed and agility
- Transparency became more difficult when the existing Board of Directors limited the protected Member rights by making it difficult and likely improbable for a Member to propose a bylaw change
- Over $2 million of member dollars were spent to perform a forensic audit with no apparent actions of recovery or changes to the internal control environment. Many executives remain in place after over 30 formal charges of theft and racketeering were made against the former Cobb EMC President in 2011.
- Financial executive qualifications / top grading Board of Directors
- Seeking to raise the level of skills and competencies necessary to help guide the Executive Management Team
- Talent Development and Capabilities, Succession Planning is necessary for the executive level, their direct reports and identified key positions.
- Your Board of Director’s must be strong, independent and capable of understanding how to run and manage a business with over 175,000 member-owners.
Qualifications & Recent Roles
Matt O’Donnell’s career includes positions within a Global Accounting Firm, Fortune 100, NYSE companies: Ernst & Young, Eaton Corp. and Ingersoll Rand.
- Senior Vice President, Corporate Controller & Chief Accounting Officer for a $2 billion global supplier of wire and cable
- Global CFO of Club Car (an Ingersoll Rand Company); the world’s leader of Golf and Utility vehicles
- European CFO for Allegion (an Ingersoll Rand Company); responsible for eight countries with annual revenues in excess of $600 million
- Global Audit, Tax and Advisory Services with emphasis in both Governmental and diversified industrial manufacturing clients
- Gas and electrical transmission equipment designed, manufactured and distributed by various well known branded companies throughout the world
- Tier One automotive supplier to both Original Equipment Manufactures and Aftermarket customers
- Leading manufacturer and supplier of mechanical, electrical, biometric security systems used in world-wide residential and commercial applications
- World leader of magnetic wire and communications cable selling to power generation and transmission companies in addition to telephonic and world-class internet providers
- Global business leadership and complete financial responsibilities for accounting, treasury and tax
- Established and maintained top quartile internal control environment, implement and correct all internal and external compliance recommendations, owned overall relationship with external auditor
- Ownership of multi-lender model with third party lenders performing as a captive finance group
- Strategic focus of both organic growth initiatives and accretive acquisitions leading to both improved market share and margin enhancements
- Built and established world-class processes, tools and high performing teams in North America and in Europe
Education and Affiliations
- Indiana University – BS Accounting
- Northwest Missouri State University – MBA
- Certified Public Accountant (CPA) – licensed in Texas
- Certified Management Accountant (CMA) – accreditation with the Institute of Management Accountants
- Former member of MAPI (Manufacturer Alliance and Productivity Index)
- Member of KEN (Kettering Executive Network)
- Member of IERG (International Executive Resource Group)
- Member of the Catholic Church of St. Ann
- Volunteer with several Walton High School Parent groups including the Walton Band and Walton Lacrosse program
Your dedicated representative and member advocate,